If you are here you probably saw differences in your left and right shoe with the wear and tear patterns. If this is the case a good solid orthotic put in your shoe may help or you may need custom orthotics. Read below and you can always contact us to help you choose between the two.
Just don’t waste your money on the inserts that literally don’t do anything to give you any support. Our therapists will steer you towards the best solution for you, your children or other loved ones.
Orthotics are any support, brace, insert or splint used to support, align, prevent, or correct the function of movable parts of the body.
Custom fit shoe inserts or orthotics are specifically made for your body and can be an absolute God-send when it comes to getting rid of persistent or recurrent pain in the
One patient reported his migraines went away once he started wearing his custom fit orthotics. Though we can’t guarantee that it will help with headaches and migraines if there is a bio-mechanical issue (meaning an issue with how your body is aligned… one leg shorter or longer than the other, tight muscles and weak muscles unable to stablilize the joint, foot arches falling in or very high, etc) orthotics can be the icing on the cake if you just can’t get rid of the pain or the problem completely after trying exercise, physical therapy, chiropractics or other treatments.
Want To Know If Custom Orthotics Are Right For You?
• Do your arches fall in when you do a little squat or one falls in more than the other?
• Does your arch seem like it rolls outward a lot when standing and walking. Or one does roll out or in more than the other. Tip: Watch your arches when you walk directly towards a mirror or while you are doing a squat. Do they roll in and pronate (flat foot) or do they roll out and supinate (high arch)?
See the image below. These are all pictures of a right foot:
• Correcting leg length discrepancies: Is one leg longer than the other? When you stand in front of a mirror do you notice that you put more weight on one side than the other? Common with scoliosis (a significant curvature of the back but can also cause a slight scoliosis or curve in the spine if one leg is longer than the other). The picture below is a little exaggerated but when you stand barefoot in front of a mirror is one shoulder higher than the other, one hip higher than the other or any pronation or supination (see above photo) happening at the foot?
• Reducing stress on and slowing the progression of those god forsaken bunions!
• Minimizing plantar fascia stress, prevent or reduce Plantar Fasciitis symptoms
• Increasing foot and ankle stability: Lots of sprained ankles in the past or present?
• Reducing foot and Lower extremity fatigue. Do you seem like you tire out too quickly with exercise or do your feel or legs feel extremely tired after a regular workout?
• Prevent or reduce symptoms related to
• Achillies Tendonitis
• Calf strain
• Plantar Fasciitis
• Patello- femoral syndrome (Pain around your knee cap)
• Hip pain
• Knee pain
• Low Back Pain
• Some types of neck pain/headaches
• Arthritis/Degenerative joint Disease
• Shin splints and other leg pain
Still not sure if orthotics could benefit you? Stop by the Smart Clinic for a Free Injury Assessment and we can let you know if orthotics may be the right choice for you.
We want you to “Be Active Be Happy and Get Back to Being You!”
The SMART Clinic accepts most insurance carriers & is conveniently located in most of the Elite Sports Club location.
Email Info@smart-clinic.com or call 1 262 754 3450 for your custom fit orthotics!!